Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Saturday, September 27, 2008

In the Name of the Father












Today I felt overtaken by sadness. I was reading about the struggles of a family that I am so proud to know, the Riggs. Michelle was SUCH a comfort to me during my wait for Rhys, Waverly, and Riley. I was struck by how wonderful she was then. I just instantly loved her.

I related to her little ones because we shared the common beautiful thread of Guatemala. When Abby got sick, I knew instantly how she felt because of the many overwhelmingly frightening moments I have had with Braeden and his medical issues. Now I just feel so scared for them. I found myself crying when I hugged my Brae and then again as my little ones sang "Twinkle, Twinkle" in car on the way to get Halloween decorations.

I know many can't understand how we can impact eachother's lives so completely by our bonds of adoption, but I feel the need to say thank you. To Michelle. To Toni, Kevin, Kristen, Sandra, Amy and Matt, Candy, Shay, Mike and Michelle, Julie B, Jodi, Traci, Jen, Heather, and everyone else who has taken the journey and crossed paths with me on mine. I am thankful that I know you.
Megan

9 Comments:

At September 28, 2008 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Amy said...

What a heartfelt post. Thank you for thinking of us. We have appreciated going through our adoption processes with your friendship and support as well. What an amazing journey we have all been on.

 
At September 28, 2008 at 5:19 PM , Blogger obligato said...

I AM THANKFUL I KNOW U TOO MEGAN! WHAT A SWEET POST. I TOO AM JUST BEYOND HEART BROKEN FOR THE RIGGS! OH I AM JUST PRAYING ABBY WILL GET BETTER QUICKLY!

 
At September 28, 2008 at 5:20 PM , Blogger obligato said...

p.s what gorgeous pics of your kids!!!!!

 
At September 28, 2008 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Michael and Michelle said...

Cute pictures of your children!
My heart is so heavy for the Riggs bunch. What a difficult thing to go through.
You are very sweet Megan! Such a dear friend!

Michelle

 
At September 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM , Blogger John and Heather said...

It is always awesome to see the paths that God crosses as we walk this journey called life. Your right there is something wonderful about the love and support we get from other adoptive parents. I was blessed to travel to Ethiopia with Michelle (Riggs) and she is so genuine. It is heart breaking watching her family suffer so, but as we all know God is so good and even in suffering Michelle is showing us that:) Blessings to you, your family looks so happy!

 
At September 29, 2008 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Toni W said...

My heart is breaking for the Riggs family. Michelle was so sweet to take time out of her busy schedule to send me 30 pictures of Eyob while we were waiting. I'm praying for Abby to feel better soon.

Thank you too for the support and friendship during our trip
Toni

 
At September 29, 2008 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Candy said...

Hey girly I love you TOO...and I cry for Michelle all the time...This is breaking my heart. Abby was one of the first Guate tots I got to LOVE ON and Michelle was so sweet to me and let me hold Abby all I wanted.

 
At October 5, 2008 at 10:45 PM , Blogger The Gresham Clan said...

Hi Meagan!!

It is so good to hear how you are doing as well as your precious children. I was just thinking about them today and the love they had for Abraham.

I am continually praying for the Riggs as well. I cannot begin to imagine. God is good and I am so thankful they know Him. Thanks for your heart Meagan!

Kristin

 
At October 11, 2008 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Michelle Riggs said...

Thank you so much for praying for us and thinking about us.

I wish that you lived closer. It would be so much fun to get our families together.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home