Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving thanks





I am a mother of four children under the age of ten. I am a career woman who leads a school of 500. I am a wife who has so much less time than I once had. I am a realist. I have spent so much of this year in turmoil, in disappointment, in fear, in doctor's offices, completing paperwork, changing diapers, giving baths, correcting children (mine and not mine).

But I look at my life with hollaring children, deadlines, schedules, appointments, and I think...Thanks be to God. Thank you for all you have given me. Thank you for allowing me to learn through these children. Thank you for letting me keep my humor. I think I am the only school administrator who regularly dances and sings in her office. I work in a HIGH SCHOOL so this is NOT considered cool. Thank you for movie time, tiny kisses, big eyes, great accents, incredible responsibility and such a sense of purpose. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

4 Comments:

At December 3, 2008 at 5:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you! It is a blessing to be a mother and to have a crazy life!

 
At December 3, 2008 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Well said! God bless you...you are one busy momma. I have a hard enough time keeping up with two kids. I can't imagine four AND a full- time, demanding job. You are super mom!

 
At December 3, 2008 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Candy said...

Love your POST and your THANKFULLNESS...I SO need to call you soon...we are talking #3 and she will be older...I need some advise...HUGS

 
At December 3, 2008 at 11:37 PM , Blogger The Gresham Clan said...

Awesome and Oh So True!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home