Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tickets booked!

Today I concentrated on booking our tickets! I had called yesterday and gotten our travel itinerary cleared with Julie so I knew I was good to go. It was so incredible to see the kids' names (with OUR last name) on the travel itineraries! I was beaming with pride!
It feels official now. What a Mother's Day weekend!! We feel so incredibly blessed.

I am starting to feel a little pang of nervousness with Braeden but I am going to try to keep it together. I know he will be fine and we will all be together soon enough.

I have also been able to 'talk' to many of the families we will be travelling with and I love them already! I just love adoption so much that everyone's story makes me cry. I keep telling Shawn, "Oh, you will just love this family!" Adoption is just such a miracle to me on so many levels. I feel like the luckiest mother in the world that I have been chosen to mother my four angels!!

11 Comments:

At April 22, 2008 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations. This is the best Mother"s day Present, don't you think?

 
At April 22, 2008 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Michael and Michelle said...

I can't wait for the day we book our travel tickets. I wonder how many tickets we will need????
I am so happy for you guys! You must have quite the travel group and a big one. I sure wish Dee Dee was going with you guys:( My heart just aches for her and her husband today.
I can't wait for you to have your children in your arms....and for some pictures on this blog!
Michelle

 
At April 22, 2008 at 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats guys!!!! Let us know if you need ANY help!!!
Love,
Aunt Heather & Uncle Kerry

PS: Maddie loves the Sesame video, gives me just the right amount of time to take a shower.

 
At April 22, 2008 at 7:41 PM , Blogger A Team said...

WHAT A HUGE DEAL!

SO EXCITED SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED

 
At April 22, 2008 at 9:56 PM , Blogger The Gresham Clan said...

I LOVE that we are traveling together! I booked our tickets today too, so I'm sure we'll be meeting up soon. I'm so excited to actually get to meet in person - woohoo!! I can't wait to meet your children either - oh what a blessing for you!!

 
At April 23, 2008 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Coming to Amharica said...

You are truly blessed! I don't think I've updated you on us, have I? I'll email or call you. Thinking of you all the time.

Dee Dee

 
At April 23, 2008 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Amy said...

We are so happy for you! Whenever I talk to Matt about your growing family...he always responds with "Wow, that's a lot of kids!" LOL Can't wait to see pics on your blog.

Amy, Matt, Brayden and Malayna

 
At April 23, 2008 at 7:56 PM , Blogger I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Tickets booked! Oh how I remember this so well. Though I just told me sister how it all feels like a dream. Sometimes I think, was I REALLY in Ethiopia? What a strange thought. I am praying for your kiddos home and in Ethiopia! So super excited for you guys!
smiles,
jen in mi

 
At April 24, 2008 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Coming to Amharica said...

I hope you have started journaling like you intended....

 
At April 25, 2008 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Amy said...

It's me again...I tagged you if you are interested in participating. Visit my blog to see what to do.

 
At April 26, 2008 at 12:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SUCH exciting news!! How wonderful to be together on Mother's Day!!

Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home