Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Attack of the Worries!

From the time I was very little, I have always been a terrible worrier. I worry about everything...the big to the small. I have gotten better at times in my life and other times have let worrying really get the best of me. Unfortunately, I have really become overcome by worrying in the last week. I am incredibly anxious and worried. I do feel tremendously blessed and excited, but it is in this excitement that my worry comes. I am often a person who is 'waiting for the other shoe to fall.' I am so worried that with all of my dreams about to be realized, something will happen to take it all away.

I am trying very hard to work through this so I can enjoy every moment of my upcoming trip and just pray with all that I am that I can find peace in knowing that my family will be protected during this time. I don't want to waste a moment with worry but sometimes it seems like it is bigger than me.

5 Comments:

At May 4, 2008 at 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to enjoy every minute of this trip & take in all you can!!!! Let us all back at home worry about you guys! God has brought these kiddos to you & he will now take take of you. Put your faith in him & enjoy yourself! Remember this is a once in a lifetime event so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Safe travels, all positive thoughts your way & have a GREAT MOTHER"S DAY!!!!!

 
At May 4, 2008 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being vulnerable! I understand the worry, and I know it can be hard all of the unknowns of this process. I can't wait to check your blog and see you with your children for Mother's Day!! :)

 
At May 5, 2008 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Coming to Amharica said...

Thinking of you Megan!!!!!

Love,
Dee Dee

 
At May 5, 2008 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Michelle Riggs said...

Your children will love you. I was so nervous about meeting Sami before I left and I was nervous about the kids that were staying at home. My kids at home did great. The time past by so quickly. Sami did great and bonded to me so quickly.

I will be thinking about you and praying for you all. Your kids will do great. You have the most incredible children.

 
At May 6, 2008 at 10:04 AM , Blogger The Gresham Clan said...

Thank you for sharing this Megan. I think we all go through this. Yesterday, during my quiet time I went back to some of my favorite verses.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30.
I love these verses. It gives me such comfort that Christ our Savior is always there for us no matter what we're going through. I'm praying for you!
Only 5 days left and we get to go to our children!!! I'm SUPER excited to meet you Megan!
Kristin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home