Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Home~!!

Well, after a 27 hour trip we made it home safe last night. Everyone did very well! I could not have been more happy and relieved to be home and to hold Braeden! Seble, Yitayish, and Tewodros are doing great. They are fitting right in. Seble is not feeling well and I think has the chicken pox. Oh, no!!

The airlines lost our luggage with ALL my clothes and gifts so I am not too happy about it. BUT I feel tremendously blessed!

I am going to chronicle our entire trip in the next week. It was such a life changing experience.

For all the people I travelled with (Toni, Kevin, Kristin, Tom, Amanda, Phil, Sandra, Ingrid, Curt, Stephanie, Paola, Joe), I cannot tell you how special these people are. We will have a bond FOREVER! As Yitayish would say, "Danny, In the name of Christ, GO FASTER!!" (private travel buddy joke)

For all those waiting, your children are BEAUTIFUL! I have FABULOUS pictures from my Canon which I will be delivering soon. Michelle, the picture of R and S are INCREDIBLE. DeeDee, S is a little man! He's got such a major 'tude!

Love, peace, and finally HOME!

11 Comments:

At May 17, 2008 at 4:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY that everyone is home and safe!!!! We will have to get together after the chicken pox are gone, hope no one else gets it & hope it is not too bad on her. If you guys need anything just give us a call!

 
At May 17, 2008 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Michael and Michelle said...

I am so happy you were able to take pictures of our children!! I can't wait to see them! Let me know everything about them.
Thank you so much. I think we will need to talk sometime when your life settles down. I am so excited and happy for the
SIMMONS SIX!!!!

Michelle

 
At May 17, 2008 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Coming to Amharica said...

Hi Megan,
WELCOME HOME!!!! It is so great to hear from you and I can't wait to hear all about.

I yelled to Casey your quote on 'S' and his response was, "oh no!" Of course I think everything about him is cute, so I'm not afraid. ;)

I hope you adjust quickly to being back home.....chicken pox. oh no!

So so happy you're hom.
Love,
Dee Dee

 
At May 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, I am so happy and excited to meet my two little nieces and my nephew. I hope they feel better and I hope everyone is getting adjusted. Erin is dying to come over and meet them. You let us know when its ok. Love and miss you all sooo much.
Jennifer

 
At May 17, 2008 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Toni W said...

Glad to know you're home safe. Our luggage didn't make it home either. Eyob LOVES his brother and sisters. I'll email you more later.
Toni
p.s guess we can expect the chicken pox soon !

 
At May 17, 2008 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Megan,
I am honored and proud to be your Mom and to have been a part of this past week - and best of all to have a place in the future lives of the Simmons Six. The kids are absolutely adorable and I love the way Braeden has bonded with them. There is nothing I wouldn't do for all of you, so at any time, just say the word and I'll be there.
Love You - Mom

 
At May 17, 2008 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Michelle Riggs said...

Praise God. I can't wait to hear about your trip and to see pictures of your kids.

Sami is so excited that Teddy is home.

 
At May 17, 2008 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw! that's so great you're all back safe. i can't wait to see photos of them all.

 
At May 17, 2008 at 3:39 PM , Blogger I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

praise God I am so glad you are home with the kids. I CAN NOT wait to see there pictures!! May God be ever so present in this next year as your children learn to be loved and to give their love away. I am so happy to see this post!!
Love,
jen in mi

 
At May 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome home! Praying for an easy transition.

 
At May 17, 2008 at 7:40 PM , Blogger A Team said...

OH MY GOODNESS!
WHERE HAVE I BEEN?????????

I just now am getting to your blog and I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!

You are home! LET THE JET LAG BEGIN. I felt dizzy for so long afterwards (well, several days).

Oh it is such an amazing place. I can't wait to read each day of your experience.

OH I AM SO GLAD THEY ARE HOME!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home