Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Friday, June 13, 2008

Ethiopia and SPIDER MAN??










O.k. So I know that many of us who are home with our kiddos have experienced THIS phenomenon. In fact, Heather N. just posted on the listserv about it today. OUR KIDS THINK THEY ARE SPIDER MAN.

We have begun to call the kids by their American names. They are doing GREAT.
Rhys proudly says..."My name is Rhys Tewodros SoMONS"

Riley says..."My name is Wiley."

When we ask, Waverly, "What is your name?"

We get...SPIDER.
O.k. So we say "Hi, Spider." She laughs. We ask what is your FULL name?

She says, "SPIDER WOBBLY (I'm NOT kidding) Simmons."
Does it get any cuter? I LOVE to call her Wobbly. It melts my heart.

8 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone looks sooo good & HAPPY! So glad to see that everything is going well.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 7:56 PM , Blogger A Team said...

MORE MORE... I want to hear MORE!

I love hearing your stories.

PRECIOUS!
What is it with Spider Man. I don't have that issue with baby A just yet but my son who is 5 thinks he is Spiderman!

Love it!
Trace

 
At June 14, 2008 at 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually am spiderman. Don't tell anyone.

 
At June 14, 2008 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Amy said...

How cute are those pictures...and I love that they are taking to their American names.

The spiderman thing...hmmmm...why is that?

Also, on a side not...David (David and Joshua) says congrats on your newest additions! I hope you remember who I am talking about. I mentioned your family and he remembered meeting you, Braeden and your mom in Guat.

 
At June 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Toni W said...

Eyob went to sleep tonight in his spiderman pajamas and spiderman underwear reading his spiderman book. It's definately his thing too. Hope all his well.
Toni
P.S. I love the kids American names!

 
At June 17, 2008 at 9:05 AM , Blogger The Gresham Clan said...

This cracks me up. You're kids have such fun personalities. I wish I could see them in action! Much love...

Kristin

 
At June 17, 2008 at 7:54 PM , Blogger John and Heather said...

Gotta love Spiderman!! We think it is because we took a spiderman backpack to Ethiopia when we picked Eyob up, so he just got way into it:) Spider Wobbly is just too cute. My question is were did she get the Wobbly part? You have a beautiful family; I hope everyone is adjusting amazingly well!

Many Blessings to your family!

 
At June 22, 2008 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Michael and Michelle said...

I was thinking of you today....how are you doing???
Love your kids!!! So cute!!

Michelle

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home