Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 3...Shopping and becoming a family

Tuesday was a great day for us in Ethiopia. We began the day with breakfast as a family. The kids all played at the Union and it was so nice to all be together. We then headed over to Hannah's Hope and ENJOYED the kids so much!

We then left the little girls at Hannah's Hope for naps and lunch and took Tewodros shopping. He carefully picked out Ethiopian outfits for him and the girls. He was so serious in this task and it was soo sweet. We got some great keepsakes and were really happy with them. We then went out to a really nice lunch. It was at this cool restaurant that had beautiful art pieces. I wanted one so badly and now regret not getting one. (Word of caution...if you see something you like, BUY IT! It is an opportunity you will never get back again!)

When we returned, we had what my travel buddies will affectionately remember as "BUBBLE GATE". Many of us had brought bubbles and we gave them to all of the kids at HH. They had a BLAST but it began to rain so they went under the car port. Big mistake. The painted cement became an ICE SKATING rink and here we are grown adults with 25 kids slipping and sliding EVERYWHERE! We got water, brooms (no hoses at HH) and got the kids out of dodge. (I have GREAT pics of Bubble gate and wish sooo badly that I could show them!)

The rest of the day was spent as a family coloring (which we did MUCH of in Ethiopia...who knew it would be such a hit for all of us including me and Shawn). I did feel home sick at night on Tuesday. I cried a bit after the kids went home for Braeden. I think this trip made me feel even closer to Braeden. He is just the sweetest little man in the world.

Overall, this was a day of peace and grace.

My kids in their Ethiopian outfits




P.s. Heather Rae, I keep e-mailing you and it kicks my e-mails out. Let's try for a get together this weekend!

4 Comments:

At May 20, 2008 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This weekend sounds great, can't wait!!! You are now making me cry since you talked about how much you missed the little man but a few days away brought your whole new family together, FOREVER!!!

 
At May 22, 2008 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Coming to Amharica said...

Megan, thanks so much for sharing this with us. I hope things are going alright despite the chicken pox. I wonder if our S will have them....eeek! I hope this new mommy here can handle it.

I think of you often!!!
Dee Dee

 
At May 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM , Blogger The Gresham Clan said...

Megan,

You Rock! Thanks for sharing everything with us about your experience. I love reliving it through you. I miss your kids so much (and you guys too of course). I wish we lived closer (like not across the country :)). You're also helping me to remember. Are things slipping? I'm trying to write it down as soon as I can so I won't forget. Having a mom brain stinks - things are forgotten so easily :). Praying for you with all of the chicken pox.

Kristin

 
At May 22, 2008 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Murphy Momma said...

Praying for you and the family surviving the chicken pox. I know it isn't any fun but at the same time, I pray the illness makes the kids allow you to mother and comfort them more and that it will benefit bonding.
Sharon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home