Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 2...The Meeting


Yitayish swinging on the swings at Hannah's Hope



Seble running at Hannah's Hope

After a very restless night sleep, we awoke excited and nervous. We got a nice hot shower (we didn't know this would be our ONLY hot shower of the trip...Haha). We then all met downstairs for breakfast and awaited Almaz. I spotted her walking up the stairs and we all ran to the window. It was so cute. We filled out our paperwork for about an hour and she then said, "O.k. let's go meet you kids!" I almost had a heart attack.
Walking to Hannah's Hope, I felt so scared. When we came to the gate, I could hardly breathe. We walked in and the people adopting infants went right over to them. I watched and cried. I then looked for our kids but didn't see them. I felt anxious and nervous and then heard, "Mommy". Standing in the distance was Yitayish. She looked EXACTLY as I imagined she would...from size, to movement, to voice. I had dreamt of her. I then saw Seble and Tewodros and ran right to them. Shawn followed behind. It was amazing.
We played at Hannah's Hope for about an hour. Seble struggled. She cried and seemed very unsure. Yitayish and Tewodros took it all in stride. I was very calm for the kids and felt so at peace.
At lunch, we left the older kids at Hannah's Hope (including our guys) so they could have lunch and get ready. We got ready at the hotel and then went for our embassy appointment. The appointment was perfect. The embassy worker said "Congratulations" and I cried. We then went backt to the hotel WITH our kids for a quiet night of dinner and relaxation.

9 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Michael and Michelle said...

I love hearing about things in Ethiopia. How are your children doing now???
Do you have my email address?? I hear you have some great pictures of our children???? I am so excited to see all of them!!!
Michelle

 
At May 19, 2008 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear how everything went! It sounds like it was a great experience, your heart must have been filled with joy when she called out to you. Can't wait to talk in person & learn as much as I can about the kiddo. So when we get together if I ask too many questions just tell me to shut up. LOL! Can't wait to meet them & Maddie Rae is so lucky to have 4 special cousins!!!! Hope the little man is doing good with all this change. If you need any help or just another adult with you when Shawn goes back to work just call cause we are around the corner just playing & watching the hours go by until Kerry gets home.

 
At May 19, 2008 at 11:18 AM , Blogger A Team said...

I have goosebumps the SIZE OF GOLF BALLS!

I love adoption stories!!!!!
Can't wait to hear more. I am hanging on your every word. THey are precious!!!!!

MORE PICTURES PLEASE :-)

 
At May 19, 2008 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Amy said...

LOVE hearing the details! I got goosebumps and tears welled up in my eyes when I read that your daughter called out "mommy" to you. How beautiful. I can only imagine how that made you feel. I can't wait to read more and see more photos!

 
At May 19, 2008 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love to hear that they are already calling you MOMMY since the very first time. That is so amazing.

 
At May 19, 2008 at 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god! that's so adorable that she said mommy when she saw you. they're so cute! can't wait to read more and see more photos.

 
At May 19, 2008 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Anissa said...

Congrats on your newest children! They are beautiful! My husband and I recieved our referral while you were in Ethiopia of our 2 year old daughter! I was wondering if you met her and if you could tell me anything more about her. My e-mail in Nissa711@aol.com. I would really love to hear from you!
Thanks! Anissa

 
At May 19, 2008 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Candy said...

I WANT SOME TOO...its all I can think about this week...YES I AM NUTS and I am sure my husband would RUN FOR CANADA if I even mentioned it to him right now...but because of YOUR STORY and KIDS...I want a sibling set of TWO between 4-7....REALLY BAD

Can't wait for MORE info and pics

 
At May 20, 2008 at 7:26 AM , Blogger C said...

I am with Michelle I love hearing about Ethiopia!!! I am so happy for you and your new Family!! ALL 4 of your children are so beautiful!! I can't wait to hear more! Glad to have you home and safe. Also glad to hear about Ethiopia and see the pictures(so keep them coming) because we are living thru all the completed blogs for now! Hope to hear from you soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home