Living Life As...

The Simmons Six

Saturday, May 17, 2008

First pictures and Day 1

Sweet baby girl...Yitayish Waverly


Tewodros cuddling in his bunk at Hannah's Hope


Seble Riley in her Ethiopian dress



May 10th...We boarded the plane for D.C. with nervous anticipation. The ride was quick and we then waited in the D.C. airport for five hours. We met our travel companions and liked them instantly. Then came flight # 2. The ride to Ethiopia is looooooooong. It seems infinite. We tried so hard to sleep but it is just so difficult. EVERYONE who travels will relate to the "airshow" that shows how close you are to Addis. I stared at it for hours!

We finally arrived...tired and nervous. We spent about 1 1/2 hours in Immigration getting visas and then we met up with Danny and Johannes, who are WONDERFUL! They tied a RIDICULOUS amount of luggage to the roof rack of one of our vans. It astounds me that it stayed up but it did. We were delivered to our hotel and then we attempted to get some sleep. I think I slept for about two hours. My mind was filled with fear, nerves, hope, and my ears were filled with the howling of dogs and strange sounds of chanting. Ahh, Ethiopia.

14 Comments:

At May 17, 2008 at 6:48 PM , Blogger The Redman's said...

It melts my heart to see such sparkle in the girls' eyes!!! We saw them the day or so they came to HH-- what a difference time has..... and the love of a forever family!!! What a beautiful family you have!! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures. :)

-Suzi

 
At May 17, 2008 at 7:42 PM , Blogger A Team said...

OH.. the airport...

YOUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Aren't Danny and Yohanis (how ever you spell that) AMAZING!!!!

Julie Beeler and I talk about them all the time. We sometimes call Abel Yohanis because we think they look a little alike.


OH I HEART ETHIOPIA :-)

 
At May 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM , Blogger obligato said...

I an hanging ok every word.feeling emotional about it...I miss Ethiopia amd am so thankful your gorgeous kids are a w u!!!!!! Xoxo

 
At May 17, 2008 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Michael and Michelle said...

Wow! Your children are GORGEOUS!! It's great to hear all about Ethiopia....thanks for taking the time to share with all of us.

Michelle

 
At May 17, 2008 at 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics, hope the chicken pox go very soon so we can meet them!

 
At May 17, 2008 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Murphy Momma said...

YEAH!!!! I am so happy for you guys and I have to say that Yitayish has your eyes in that photo! I relish every word of your journey and am thrilled that these precious ones are HOME forever. You're in our prayers. Sharon
I miss Ethiopia!

 
At May 17, 2008 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome home. Your kids are beautiful. I can't wait to hear therest of the story.

 
At May 17, 2008 at 11:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm so happy to see photos and hear about your family of SIX!! SUCH FUN!! beautiful children!

 
At May 18, 2008 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Candy said...

Thanks for the sneek Peek at some pictures...I am DYING to hear more about the pick up and how the sweet kids are doing...but I know how it is too...you a little BUSY???? haha

 
At May 18, 2008 at 11:38 AM , Blogger The Gresham Clan said...

LOVE the pictures! I'm missing you guys so much! Having your children love Abraham and kiss him melts my heart still! I'm so happy to be home, but missing the people (of Ethiopia and our travel buddies). Hope the adjusting is going well. Were you SOOO happy to see Braeden? I cried when I saw L & W!
Kristin

 
At May 18, 2008 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Amy said...

MEGAN!!! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THESE POSTS! I have been thinking about you over the last week. Congratulations on having your family together forever! I am loving the pictures, and can't wait to see more. I hope everyone is feeling healthy very soon!

 
At May 18, 2008 at 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw they're all so cute!!!! i love the picture of yitayish, she looks so incredibly happy.

 
At May 18, 2008 at 4:04 PM , Blogger I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Beautiful, beautiful children! Yes, there is something about Ethiopia that just grabs your heart. Something I never, ever expected. My mind is constantly finding ways to get back there!
Smiles,
jen in mi

 
At May 18, 2008 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Michelle Riggs said...

You kids are so beautiful. I love seeing their pictures. Seble's hair grew fast. It is beautiful.

I can't wait to read more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home